Dear IFSA World!
Have you been seeking for an opportunity to extend your service to, and get involved in IFSA whilst developing yourself professionally? Seek no further! IFSA is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person who would like to get involved in IFSA as the Head of Projects and Grants sub-commission for the remaining part of 2018-2019 term of office. This position is not only an opportunity for you to extend your service to IFSA but also an ideal opportunity which gives you the chance to enhance your grant writing and analysis skills as well as your fundraising skills! Your application is most welcomed!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Focus on exploring funding alternatives for LCs and looking through existing documents to create new strategies for funding. Review all the existing documents regarding fundraising and come up with the most useful ones.
- Maintain contact with the Organizing committees of IFSA internal events such as regional meetings and IFSS and get in touch with Regional Representatives for fundraising support
- Responding to inquiries raised regarding fundraising support from the Capacity development Commission support service.
- Work as a liaison officer between all the local committees (LC) of IFSA regarding any financial issues that LC have for their projects and serve as a point of information to the LC’s about fundraising for their LC and introduce them to the fundraising package strategy and opportunities offered by IFSA Supporter and Alumni Network.
- The Head of the Project and Grant Sub-Commission works in close relations with the IFSA treasurer and direction to manage the Erasmus+ grant.
- Head of the Sub-commission must familiarize themselves with the grant agreement and guidelines, so everything would be reported according to the agreement and guidelines.
- Be able to attend online monthly meetings with the capacity development commission
IFSA board: The HoSC Projects and Grants will work closely with the Treasurer and other members of the board in reporting on the ERASMUS+ KA3 grant. And writing applications to other grants and projects.
IFSA SAN: The HoSC will work with the IFSA SAN to create individual fundraising campaigns for events and Local Committees.
Capacity Development Commission: Helping the Commission to find suitable funding opportunities focusing on training.
Desired skills and abilities.
It is vital for the head of the Project and Grant Sub-commission to have previous experience with writing grants and knowing what is evaluated to know what to emphasize on.
Ability to work in a team as an active collaborator is highly valued
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Define the position in one sentence as of your understanding in your own words.
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this position’s main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they? (identify skills and use own words)
- What would your key goals for the remaining part of the IFSA year 2018/19 be?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: HoSC PROJECTS AND GRANTS application – YOUR NAME
DEADLINE: 21st May, 2019 23:59 CET