[Deadline extended: August 25th]
Dear IFSA Friends,
The Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force is looking for a New IFSA Coordinator. The term for this position is two years and requires a strong interest in educational topics.
The Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force on Forest Education is a unique collaboration between IFSA and one of its’ main partner organization – the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO). Within the last 2 years, an active team of IFSA officials and IUFRO officeholders worked together on a work programme, consisting of three work packages. For the upcoming period, a new work programme has been developed for acceptance at the upcoming IUFRO World Congress in October 2019. The future coordinator will be responsible for carrying out the programme and will be able to contribute his/ her ideas to the programme.
Two coordinators –one from the IFSA side and one from the IUFRO side— head the Task Force. The deputy coordinators and other members of the Task Force support them in their work. All work responsibilities and decision making is shared equally between the two partner organizations.
The work for the Task Force is voluntary and the Coordinator shall be under the supervision of the IFSA Council. In some cases, travel costs to meetings can be reimbursed, depending on the fundraising income and budget of the Task Force.
Duties of the IFSA Coordinator for Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force:
- Develop new collaboration possibilities and projects
- Building a fruitful working environment for students and professionals/ researchers
- Follow up on work programme of last Task Force’s term
- Participate and contribute to the IFSA Capacity development commission, including events and monthly meetings
- Communication with IFSA Board and other officials, as well as the broader IFSA network, about recent developments and further student involvement
- Monthly Skype meetings
- Work closely with the Deputy Coordinator/Head of Forestry Education Commission and the responsible member of the Council
- Elaboration of educational platform (www.GFIS.net)
- Communication of completed research project (Global Outlook on Forest Education)
- Organization of student trainings at IFSA and IUFRO meetings
- Preparation of side events at international conferences
- Support of events with educational focus at IUFRO World Congress 2019
- Willingness to travel to meetings to represent the Joint Task Force
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a good knowledge of IFSA and IUFRO
- Have a strong interest in educational topics
- Have a creative spirit and high adaptability
- Have a high level of self-motivation and strong team building skills
- Have good communication and English skills (written and spoken)
- Preferably, with experience in multicultural working groups
- Be a member of a current IFSA Ordinary Member, Associate Member, Consulting Member, or Alumni of IFSA.
Additional information about the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force on Forest Education can be found at:
Explore IFSA and the JTF’s involvement and engagement at the upcoming IUFRO World Congress:
If you have further questions concerning the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force, please contact the current IFSA Coordinator Khalil Walji (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in applying for the position of IFSA Coordinator for the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Task Force on Forest Education, please submit the following documents, if possible in one PDF file, to email@example.com by August 25, 2019 at 23:59 CET. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Decision on the position will be made by the beginning or middle of August for adequate time to onboard and changeover the candidate with the current JTF Coordinator.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter of no more than 3 pages with the following contents:
- Stating why you are a good candidate
- Your ideas for the Task Force work programme – proposal attached
- Your motivations for undertaking this role
- Letter of verification by your LC President (for Ordinary members) or from the IFSA Supporter and Alumni Network (for Alumni)
We look forward to hearing from you!
On behalf of the IFSA 7,