Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Head of Capacity Development Commission (CDC) for the rest of the year. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020) and it requires to be part of an IFSA Ordinary Member (IFSA LC).
The Head of Capacity Development Commission is responsible for overseeing the six Sub-commissions listed below:
- Cultural Competencies
- Forest Education
- Project and Grant
- Carbon Sustainability
Furthermore, considering the common field of focus, the IUFRO-IFSA Joint Task Force on Forest Educations is included in the IFSA structure as part of this Commission.
The purpose of this commission is to provide a learning experience in order to increase the internal capacity of IFSA officials and members. At the same time, the Commission ensures support in different aspects concerning the governance of the association. The types of training could focus on fundraising, forest education, languages program, cultural competency. On the other hand, Carbon Sustainability and Mentorship Sub-commissions are serving as new systems and standards set in place to achieve carbon-neutral the first, while the latter to transfer knowledge in order to close communication gaps between experienced members and new members.
Each individual sub-commission is tasked with specific responsibilities to fulfil. Therefore, to ensure close communication and interaction between its commission members, the Head of Capacity Development Commission is playing an essential role to lead, assist and unite the sub-commissions and working as one whole team.
Main Goals of the Capacity Development Commission:
- Provide both professional and personal skills development to IFSA officials and members
- Enrich membership experience through providing a non-formal educational experience
- Provide membership values through training opportunities to IFSA members
- Strengthen IFSA internal capacity to allow development
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourage and coordinate training for the IFSA delegates at the external meetings
- Stay updated to external delegation or meetings opportunities of IFSA
- Provide aids to applicants with their application if requested by them
- Follow up after events and review the outcomes of the training.
- Encourage the organization of training workshops at IFSA events (IFSS, regional meetings etc)
- Overseeing planning of training workshops with relevant head of sub-commissions
- Work with events organising committee to ensure relevant training workshops for participants and officials take place.
- Close communication with the board to ensure training workshops are aligning with the association’s aims
- Arrangement and coordinate the training workshops or courses
- Project and grant
- Work closely together with Project and Grant Sub-Commission
- Prepare a yearly budget for training
- Apply for EU-Training Grant
- Coordination and Communication
- Oversee activities of Commission and keep track of progress
- Organize monthly online meetings with all Commissioners
- Close contact with other commission heads (communication commission and international policy commission) through a monthly meeting
- Work closely with all individual sub-commission in the commission, keep to date of their progress, offer helps and resolving issues if any
- Close communication with the overseeing councillor, report back constantly
Collaboration and relationship:
- Close communication with Communication Commission and International Policy Commission
- Close communication with overseeing councillor and the Vicepresident
- Overseeing all the sub-commissions of the commission (Forest Education Sub-commission, Mentorship Sub-commission, Carbon Sustainability Sub-commission, Language Sub-commission, Cultural Competency Sub-commission) and IUFRO-IFSA Joint Task Force on Forest Education
- Motivated and enthusiastic about bringing positive changes in the commission
- Working in a team and responsive to needs, questions or concerns of other officials
- Leadership skills, as you will be leading a group of sub-commissions
- Great work ethics and pro-activeness
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve the positions’ main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: HEAD OF CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 11 -3- 2020 – 23:59 CET