Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here— you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2018-2019 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Councilor in charge of External Affairs. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS Estonia) This is an individual who must be from one of IFSA’s LC’s from any region excluding both Southern Africa and Northern Europe (this is purely to be in keeping with our statutes as no two members of council can be from the same region).
This individual will act as the focal point and information link between the IFSA Liaisons officers, the International Processes Commission and the IFSA board. The External Affairs Councilor is expected to assists in coordinating IFSA’s external partnerships and processes with the President, overseeing the International Processes Commission and Liaison Officers. Please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
Being in the council is a very fun and exciting role placed at the heart of IFSA which allows you to grow personally and professionally whilst gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Bridging the work of the Liaison Officers and the International Processes Commission primarily through coordinating monthly meetings and new joint documents.
– Work very closely with the President and take the lead in coordinating the strategy for IFSA’s appearance to all external partners.
– Explore the possibility of IFSA joining the Collaborative Partnership on Forest and think of joint initiatives such as; ‘partner months/weeks’, instructional material/videos that introduce IFSA members to all ‘partners and processes’,
– Working together with the concerned officials to finalize the IFSA delegation guidelines and ensure its implementation.
-Revising and ensuring that the information on the IFSA website reflects the breadth of IFSA’s external partnerships.
– Monitor the progress of new partnerships
-The Council reviews reports from their respective Liaison Officers and focal persons in the International Processes Commission.
– Working as part of the Council team to complete general council tasks.
- You will be working together with two other members on the Council and therefore the ability to work together as in a team is a highly valuable attribute since the council has a lot of shared responsibilities.
- Responsiveness and timeliness; a number of our external activities that are time bound require proper coordination, you are expected to be responsive to inquiries and emails as well as conscious of time.
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
1. A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
2. A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
3. A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
· Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
· Why would you want to become an official for this position?
· How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
· Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
· What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
· What would your key goals for the year be?
· Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
· What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: COUNCIL EXTERNAL AFFAIRS application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 12th -02- 2019 – 23:59 CET