Open Call Executive Secretary 2020/21
Dear IFSA World,
The Executive Secretary position is now vacant, hence we are making an open call to find a candidate.
The Executive secretary is part for the IFSA Direction and therefore of the Board. Its main task are taking care of the GA, keeping minutes of Board meetings and in general help running the association. You can find more details in the job description (some information are outdated).
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an IFSA Official position, you first need to ensure that you comply with the requirements. If you do, use the Job Descriptions to familiarize yourself with the position and contact the Councilor overseeing the respective department (via the linked email addresses).
The application consists of a letter of support from your LC, a motivation letter (max. 800 words) and a video (max. 2 minutes).
In order to apply to an official position you MUST comply with those requirements:
- You need to be a member of an IFSA Local Committee and either be an active student or have graduated no longer than one year ago.
- Proficiency in English, as it is the official language of IFSA and therefore the only means of communication between Officials.
- Good internet connection: given the fact that all the work as an Official is done remotely (especially because of the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19), a good internet connection is crucial to effectively accomplish your tasks.
- Access to a Computer or tablet.
- You can apply only to one position in this call. However, if you are not selected you can still run in the case of subsequent open calls or become a commissioner.
The motivation letter should cover all the following points and be no longer than 800 words. Note that these points correspond to the criteria that are used to evaluate the motivation letter.
- What is your background?
- Introduction: name, age, country, university, current studies
- LC of membership
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the international level (participation and/or organisation of IFSA international meetings, IFSA partner events, commissioner or official position)?
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the regional and local level (participation and/or organisation of regional events, activity in own LC, position held in own LC)? [Only relevant for Regional Representatives or applicants without international experience]
- Why are you interested in applying for this position?
- What is your understanding of the position you are running for?
- Role of the position
- Tasks of the position
- Functioning of the position within the Department/Commission
- What are your overall plans for the IFSA term?
- Consideration of required skills (see list above for general and Job Descriptions for specific requirements)
Record a video (max. 2 minutes) where you introduce yourself and present the main points from the motivation letter.
Some tips for the video:
- If the video is longer than 2 minutes, just shorten it talking about the key points from your letter; the other points are covered by the letter;
- Ensure good lighting
- Make sure the sound is clear and has good volume so the video is easy to understand (no background noise/music)
You must send one email with the subject: Name of position you are applying – Applicant’s name to [email protected] with all of the following documents attached:
- A verification letter from your Local Committee (LC) signed by the President of your LC, verifying that you are a member of the LC in PDF format.
In case you are the President of your LC, ask the Vice President to sign it. The headed letter of your LC must be used for the letter. Here you can find a template for the verification letter.
- The motivation letter in PDF format (max 800 word).
- A video (max 2 minutes)
- If you are applying for a position in the Communication Commission (Web, Social Media, Podcast, Design, Publications) you may attach your portfolio.
The deadline for submission is 6th November 2020 23:59 UTC+2.
Applications that do not follow this procedure (eg. late, incomplete or sent to an email address other than [email protected]) will not be considered.
In case of technical issues with the submission of the application, please send an email to [email protected] specifying the problem that you are encountering.
Both successful and unsuccessful applications will receive an answer within 10 days after the deadline. In this timeframe, candidates can be contacted for an online interview.
For any questions you can write at [email protected].
Good luck with your application,
The IFSA Board