It’s that time of year again, where opportunities open for all those who want to become a more active part of IFSA. You can now apply to become an IFSA official for the 2015-2016 period.
Open Call for IFSA Official Positions!
Click here to find an overview of the positions for the 2015-16 period. The descriptions have all been recently updated, by the current position holders, to reflect the specifics of the roles and the key requirements. We encourage you to read over the descriptions to consider what may interest you, and how your skills can help assist IFSA over the next 12 months.br>
If you have any questions about the positions, there’s two different ways to learn more:
- We’ll be hosting a “Learn about officials” Skype day on the 30th of June, 9 pm GMT+7. If you’re a current official wanting to provide advice to others or you’re not an official but want to learn more about them, please email Natalia Cisneros with your Skype username so you can join the conversation.
- If you cannot make it to the Skype day, e-mail the current official with your specific questions. You’ll be able to find a list of all the officials and their emails here.
How do you apply to become an IFSA official?This is what you have to send:
- A letter from your LC President verifying that you are a member of the LC
- A motivation letter (no more than one page!) about the position you are running for, which should include answers to the following:
- Why you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out the positions tasks?
- Why do you would want to become an official for this position?
- Can you list this official’s 3 main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What events will there be that are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership), do you think your work will be focused on?
- What would your key goals for the year be?