Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are in search of an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Mentorship Sub-Commission. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual should be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
Mentorship may be defined as a mutual learning relationship between a mentor and a mentee in which knowledge and experiences are shared by the mentor to the benefit of the mentee. The role of mentor and mentee may switch according to the specific subject that is the basis for the mentorship relationship, sometimes even between the same set of people.
Mentorship Sub-commission is positioned within the Capacity Development Commission. The Head of the Capacity Development Commission is the liaison between the commission and the board, leads and guides the collective work of the sub-commissions within it. Within the Capacity Development Commission, we work together with other sub-commission striving to build the skills of our members, such as ‘Forestry Education and Training’ and ‘Cultural Competencies’. As a team, we try to define the skillset a current forestry student needs to contribute to the success of our organisation today and to be ready for the next steps in their career tomorrow. To this end, mentorships is often an important tool.
Being in the Capacity Development Commission and Mentorship Sub-Commission is a very exciting and rewarding role placed at the heart of IFSA which allows you to grow personally and professionally while gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read the Mentorship Toolkit as developed by IFSA and some partner organisations, for setting up a mentorship programme. https://ypard.gitbook.io/mentoring/
- Advance mentorship relationships both within IFSA and with our partners by activities, seminars or publications.
- Explore the possibility of creating a continuous mentorship relationship between the members of IFSA and professionals in partner organizations as an alternative to event-based mentoring.
- Select a minimum of one internal (IFSS, INTERIM; NERM, etcetera) and one external IFSA activity (IUFRO World Congress, Conference of Parties of UNFF, etcetera) at which you organise a mentorship programme or activity.
- Where possible, create learning materials, to be shared on the IFSA communication platforms
Desirable skills and attributes:
- an affinity in educating,
- Minimum one years of international IFSA involvement, including attendance at several IFSA internal and external event, shall be considered as an added advantage,
- good network within the organisation,
- pro-active worker,
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must use the subject: HEAD OF MENTORSHIP application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 8th -10- 2019 – 23:59 CET