Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Treehouse Sub-Commission. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual should be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
The Treehouse Sub-Commission will be situated under the Communication Commission, and hence this individual will report to the Head of Communication Commission. The Head of Treehouse Sub-Commission is expected to coordinate the Treehouse project which initiated in 2019 with the aims of providing IFSA members with a platform similar to Couchsurfing, where people can travel and be hosted by other IFSA members. For further information regarding the position please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
Being in the Communication Commission and TreeHouse Sub-Commission is a very exciting and rewarding role placed at the heart of IFSA which allows you to grow personally and professionally whilst gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce a long term Tree House strategy (for coming 2-3 years)
- Create guidelines for members approval and implement the process
- Promote Tree House in all regions of IFSA, making workshops for events, videos, flyers and social media.
- Help to improve design and user experience of Treehouse page on the website
- Collecting feedback from users and manage issues with hosts that may arise
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- You will be working together with other Heads of Sub-Commissions in the Communication Commission (Design, Website, Socal Media and Publication) with the emphasis on maintaining close communication with the Regional Representatives, Design Sub-Commission and Social Media Sub-Commission for promotional purposes.
- You are equipped with creative thinking and problem-solving skills since there is the need to create a new platform from scratch
- You are equipped with clear communication abilities
- You are equipped with leadership skills as the Treehouse Sub-Commission will already have a group of volunteers and commissioners to help with delegated tasks.
- You have long term vision and able to oversee the processes of developing the commission and the IFSA Treehouse
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must use the subject: HEAD OF TREEHOUSE SUBCOMMISSION application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 7th -09- 2019 – 23:59 CET