Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Forest Education Sub-Commission. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual should be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
The Forest Education Sub-Commission will be situated under the Capacity Development Commission, and hence this individual will report to the Head of Capacity Development Commission. The Head of Forest Education Sub-Commission is expected to improve non-formal forestry education worldwide, by raising the awareness about the importance of forestry education and making sure that forestry education is represented in all of IFSA’s activities. The Forest Education Sub-Commission deals with events/education at the local, regional, and international levels. The work of the Sub-Commission should be to push forward the conversation and inclusion of forest education and to address the current challenges facing education all over the world. For further information regarding the position please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
Being in the Capacity Development Commission and Forest Education Sub-Commission is a very exciting and rewarding role placed at the heart of IFSA which allows you to grow personally and professionally whilst gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up a strategy/work plan for the Sub-Commission
- Make sure all public Forest Education Sub-Commission information is updated
- Spread important relevant information from the IFSA7 and other officials within the Sub-Commission
- Enable an exchange between the Commissioners, run meetings and emails between the group;
- Be the bridge between the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Taskforce and the Forest Education Sub-Commission
- Attend events concerning Forest Education, if possible
- Work and coordinate with other Commissions and Liaison Officers in aspects such as training, professional development, etc.
- The position is expecting the commitment of 3-4 hours per week
- The Forest Education Sub-Commission and the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Taskforce work together as separate arms of the same forestry education group. IFSA members of the Joint IUFRO-IFSA Taskforce are also Commissioners of the Forest Education Sub-Commission.
- Together with the Liaison Officer of IUFRO, maintain a strong collaboration with IUFRO and FAO in the field of forestry education through joint activities undertaken by the partnership
- Maintain communication with the Regional Representatives in regards to opportunities for local committees or IFSA members
- Work with the PDC on addressing educational needs in workshops and training
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Strong passion for IFSA and forestry education
- Experience with IFSA events
- Ability to attend meetings; stable internet service
- Bring new ideas/perspectives to the discussion of forest education
- Experience in education activities/planning
- Ability to lead/work in a team, lead meetings, carry discussions about education
- GFIS: http://www.gfis.net/gfis/en/en/
- FAO SFM Toolbox: http://www.fao.org/sustainable-forest-management/toolbox/en/
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: email@example.com
All applications must use the subject: HEAD OF FOREST EDUCATION application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 7th -09- 2019 – 23:59 CET