Dear IFSA World,
It is with great pleasure that IFSA wishes to communicate opportunities for you to get deeply involved within the network. Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2021/22 period and get voted at the forthcoming IFSA General Assembly.
IFSA wishes to announce that several positions will fall vacant during the GA and open to enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who will serve for 2020/21 term starting from August 2020, upon election by the General Assembly.
Please find a list of vacant positions here:
- Vice President
- Executive Secretary
- Internal Councilor
- External Councilor
- Membership Councilor
- Head of Communication Commission
- Head of Capacity Development Commission
- Head of International Policy Commission
- Head of Partners Commission
Here you can find the complete Job descriptions for each position.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an IFSA Official position, you first need to ensure that you comply with the requirements.
The application consists of a letter of support from your LC, a motivation letter (max. 800 words) and a video (max. 2 minutes) and needs to be submitted by the 27th of July 2021.
In order to apply to an official position you MUST comply with those requirements:
- You need to be a member of an IFSA Local Committee and either be an active student or have graduated no longer than one year ago.
- Proficiency in English, as it is the official language of IFSA and therefore the only means of communication between Officials.
- Good internet connection: given the fact that all the work as an Official is done remotely (especially because of the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19), a good internet connection is crucial to effectively accomplish your tasks.
- Access to a Computer or tablet.
The motivation letter should cover all the following points and be no longer than 800 words. Note that these points correspond to the criteria that are used to evaluate the motivation letter.
- What is your background?
- Introduction: name, age, country, university, current studies
- LC of membership
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the international level (participation and/or organization of IFSA international meetings, IFSA partner events, commissioner or official position)?
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the regional and local level (participation and/or organization of regional events, activity in own LC, position held in own LC)? [Only relevant for Regional Representatives or applicants without international experience]
- Why are you interested in applying for this position?
- What is your understanding of the position you are running for?
- Role of the position
- Tasks of the position
- Functioning of the position within the Department/Commission
- What are your overall plans for the IFSA term?
- Consideration of required skills
Record a video (max. 2 minutes) where you introduce yourself and present the main points from the motivation letter.
Some tips for the video:
- If the video is longer than 2 minutes, just shorten it talking about the key points from your letter; the other points are covered by the letter;
- Ensure good lighting
- Make sure the sound is clear and has good volume so the video is easy to understand (no background noise/music)
During in person GAs, it is possible to run for multiple positions as they are elected one after the other, however this is highly impractical during an online GA.
Therefore, there is the proposal to change the voting to a ranking system to allow running for multiple positions during the same election.
If you are interested in applying for more than one position, you can submit up to 3 applications for any of the vacant positions. Each application submitted should be complete with video and motivation letter.
When submitting multiple applications, you should order them by your preference.
Note: this is assuming that the GA approves the new voting system, hence it is not guaranteed that multiple applications will be accepted.
You must send one email with the subject: Name of position you are applying – Applicant’s name to [email protected] with all of the following documents attached:
- A verification letter from your Local Committee (LC) signed by the President of your LC, verifying that you are a member of the LC in PDF format.
In case you are the President of your LC, ask the Vice President to sign it. The headed letter of your LC must be used for the letter. Here you can find a template for the verification letter.
- The motivation letter in PDF format (max 800 word).
- A video (max 2 minutes)
- If you are applying for a position in the Communication Commission (Web, Social Media, Podcast, Design, Publications) you may attach your portfolio.
The deadline for submission is 27th July 2021 23:59 UTC+0.
Applications that do not follow this procedure (eg. late, incomplete or sent to an email address other than [email protected]) will not be considered.
In case of technical issues with the submission of the application, please send an email to [email protected] specifying the problem that you are encountering.
Both successful and unsuccessful applications will receive an answer within 10 days after the deadline. In this timeframe, candidates can be contacted for an online interview.
For any questions please email [email protected].
Good luck with your application,
The IFSA Board