Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA as the Northern America Regional Representative. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual must be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
The Regional Representatives in IFSA are the information links between IFSA Board (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Executive Secretary and Councillors) and the Local Committees (LC) in his/her region and between the LCs. Hence this individual will report to the Membership Councillor. For further information regarding the position please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
Being a Regional Representative is a very exciting and rewarding role placed at the heart of IFSA which allows you to grow personally and professionally whilst gaining a deeper understanding of IFSA. You are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Keep in contact with LCs regarding changes or updates in LC contact person.
- Forward updated list of LCs to all the LC Presidents and to the membership Councilor to keep them posted.
- Update your region’s status. Continue to improve the information available to each region on the region IFSA website/FB page
- Make sure every member LC from your region is also shown on the homepage
- The official list of IFSA member LCs is kept in the membership database accessible by the membership councillor.
- keep in contact with the Web Commission to make changes on the homepage regarding LC activities
- Encourage LCs to provide relevant information
Enhance information exchange
- Forward all the important information from IFSA to the LCs (mail, Facebook)
- Ensure that each LC has at least one person registered to IFSA World mailing list
- Report your region’s current situation to IFSA7 through the membership councillor as well as to the IFSA World.
- Provide information about your region (activities) when needed
Cultivate and expand the Regional IFSA Community
- Encourage local projects and regional forestry student meetings to improve exchange and communication within each of the IFSA regions.
- Ensure yearly Regional Meetings, to offer more opportunities for students to join the network
- Elect next year’s host LC for the Regional meeting during the current Regional meeting send out an open call to host the meeting more than one year ahead
- Take a leadership role in organizing regional meetings which includes helping
- regional meeting OCs get sponsorship for meetings
- Cooperate with the IFSA Council and the Capacity Development Commission to develop workshops to be held at the Regional Meeting explaining IFSA and Statutes to new participants
- Encourage the members to attend meetings like IFSS, Regional Meetings, Conferences, etc. and to seek for accessible funding to sponsor members to attend.
- Encourage your LCs to organize local events/partnership program for IFSA members or forestry students
- Improve communication within and between each IFSA region.
- Maintain Regional Facebook Page/Group
- Keep in contact with the Social Media Sub-Commission
- Ensure a proper, detailed handover process to the next representative
- highlights specific issues that need attention
- All-important files, account details (FB PAGE), and published materials
- stay in contact with former Representative and learn from their mistakes and what to do
- Find new LCs
- Keep updating the list of prospective LCs in different countries
- Keep in touch with the contact person in each country
- Ensure communication is provided and improved with potential members that have shown any interest.
- Participate in monthly coffee hour sessions or online forums to encourage, share ideas, and make progress towards greater regional coordination of events.
- Consider new membership applications and direct them for a suitable approving by the Council.
- Reply to any needs, which need your attention as soon as possible.
- Create time to check your email regularly.
- Ask for help from IFSA Board whenever you need as well as help them and any other Commission when they request.
- The role of Regional Representative is very important, serving as a communication bridge between LCs and IFSA Board. It is important that they know what up-to-date status of their region.
Tasks for Term 2019/2020:
- As the demand for regional partnerships has grown in recent years, Regional Representatives are encouraged to engage with regional partners in close communication with the IFSA Board.
- Attend Regional Representative’s Erasmus Meeting and IFSA Interim in Czech Republic from 9-20 February 2020 (funding available)
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12) with a sentence of indication on whether you will be able to attend the Regional Representative’s Erasmus Meeting and IFSA Interim.
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Checklist – your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role what do you think your work will be focused on?
- Will you be able to attend the Regional Representative’s Erasmus Meeting and IFSA Interim that will be held in Czech Republic (9-20 February 2020)?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: NORTHERN AMERICA REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 20th -01- 2020 – 23:59 CET