[Open Call] Regional Representative 2021-2022
Dear IFSA World,
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – With the Online Regional Meetings just a few weeks away, we are starting the pre-selection process for the 2021-2022 Regional Representatives!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA as the Regional Representatives. The term of this position will be from the General Assembly in July / August 2021, until IFSS 2022.
Regional Representatives are in charge of managing IFSA at the regional level, promoting networking and opportunities and providing a link between the rest of IFSA and the Local Committees (LCs).
- Establish a network of representatives from each LC
- Host monthly “Coffee hour” with LC representatives
- Coordinate activities in the region (eg. events, exchanges between LCs)
- Manage region social media and share IFSA News and activities with the region
- Act as first contact point for LC members in the region
- Ensure that LC information is updated in the membership database
- Support the organization of the Regional Meeting
- Get in touch with inactive LCs and try to reactivate them
- Help with the application process for new LCs
- Approximately 5 hours per week
- It is suggested to check your inbox every single day.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an IFSA Official position, you first need to ensure that you comply with the requirements. If you do, use the Job Descriptions to familiarize yourself with the position and contact the Councilor overseeing the respective department (via the linked email addresses). The application consists of a letter of support from your LC, a motivation letter (max. 800 words), and a video (max. 2 minutes).
In order to apply to an official position you MUST comply with those requirements:
- You need to be a member of an IFSA Local Committee and either be an active student or have graduated no longer than one year ago.
- Proficiency in English, as it is the official language of IFSA and therefore the only means of communication between Officials.
- Good internet connection: given the fact that all the work as an Official is done remotely (especially because of the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19), a good internet connection is crucial to effectively accomplish your tasks.
- Access to a Computer or tablet.
The motivation letter should cover all the following points and be no longer than 800 words. Note that these points correspond to the criteria that are used to evaluate the motivation letter.
- What is your background?
- Introduction: name, age, country, university, current studies
- LC of membership
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the international level (participation and/or organization of IFSA international meetings, IFSA partner events, commissioner or official position)?
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the regional and local level (participation and/or organization of regional events, activity in your own LC, position held in your own LC)?
- Why are you interested in applying for this position?
- What is your understanding of the position you are running for?
- Role of the position
- Tasks of the position
- Functioning of the position within the Department/Commission
- What are your overall plans for the IFSA term?
- Consideration of required skills (see list above for general and Job Descriptions for specific requirements)
Record a video (max. 2 minutes) where you introduce yourself and present the main points from the motivation letter. There are some tips for the video:
- If the video is longer than 2 minutes, just shorten it talking about the key points from your letter; the other points are covered by the letter;
- Ensure good lighting
- Make sure the sound is clear and has good volume, so the video is easy to understand (no background noise/music)
You must send one email with the subject: Name of position you are applying – Applicant’s name to [email protected] with all of the following documents attached:
- A verification letter from your Local Committee (LC) signed by the President of your LC, verifying that you are a member of the LC in PDF format.
In case you are the President of your LC, ask the Vice President to sign it. The headed letter of your LC must be used for the letter. Here you can find a template for the verification letter.
- The motivation letter in PDF format (max 800 word).
- A video (max 2 minutes)
The deadline for submission is shown below:
- Latin America: 7th of June, 2021, 23:59 UTC
- Northern America, Northern Europe, Northern Africa, Southern Africa: 30th of June, 2021, 23:59 UTC
Applications that do not follow this procedure (e.g. late, incomplete or sent to an email address other than [email protected]) will not be considered.
In case of technical issues with the submission of the application, please send an email to [email protected] specifying the problem that you are encountering.
Both successful and unsuccessful applications will receive an answer within 10 days after the deadline. In this timeframe, candidates can be contacted for an online interview.
Remember that this pre-selection only dictates the preferences of the region! The final election for the Regional Representatives will take place in the General Assembly in July / August 2021.
For any questions you can write an email to [email protected].
Good luck with your application,
The IFSA Board