OPEN CALL Regional Representative Pre-selection 2021-2022 Southern Europe
Dear IFSA World,
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – With the Online Regional Meeting just a few weeks away, we are starting the pre-selection process for the 2021-2022 Regional Representatives!
We are on the search for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who will serve IFSA as the Southern European Regional Representatives. The term of this position will be from the General Assembly in July / August 2021, until IFSS 2022.
Regional Representatives are the information links between the IFSA Board and the Local Committees (LC) in their region and between the LCs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Introduce RRs to our members. Compose an email to each LC to introduce RRs and ask them to send you brief information about their activities, problems and what they are expecting from you. Let them know the RRs are the bridge between members and the IFSA world when they need to reach out.
- Update LCs’ contact information. Contact the president of each LC and ask them to update the LC contact information at the beginning of the IFSA term
Make sure LCs are using LC official accounts
- Update your region’s status. Keep in contact with the Web commission if changes are needed on the IFSA website; Check with the Treasurer regarding membership validity
- Enhance information exchange through emails and social media. Forward important information from IFSA to the LCs; Collaborate with Social Media Sub-Commission and manage regional social media properly
- Ensure the communication between Officials and members. Guide and introduce LCs to the relative officials if there’s an issue
- Cultivate and expand the Regional IFSA Community. Host monthly “Coffee Hour” to keep LCs updated about IFSA news
Organize learning online activities with LCs or regional partners
Encourage the members to attend IFSA activities (e.g. IFSS, Regional Meetings, Delegation). Help inactive members
- Assist the organization of Regional Meeting and Election. Provide advice and guidance for the Organizing Committee of Regional Meeting
Host workshops at the Regional Meeting introducing IFSA structure and culture. Host the election of next OC and RRs; Keep minutes during the Regional Meeting; Send a report to the board after the Regional Meeting
- Expand the Regional IFSA Community. Provide information and guidance for potential and interested members, forward membership application to membership council
- Be familiar with Membership documents and Google tools. Read the membership guidelines and documents carefully and update the contents with Membership Councilor if needed
Make sure you have right and full knowledge about common Google tools used among IFSA world (e.g. Google Chat, Drive, Calendar)
- Be aware of regional partnerships (with the help of Partners Commission)
- Think up creative activities for regions
- Promote IFSA News Factory, Tree House, and other IFSA campaigns
- Approximately 5 hours per week and even try to check your inbox every single day. Reply to any needs, which need your attention as soon as possible.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for an IFSA Official position, you first need to ensure that you comply with the requirements. If you do, use the Job Descriptions to familiarize yourself with the position and contact the Councilor overseeing the respective department (via the linked email addresses).
The application consists of a letter of support from your LC, a motivation letter (max. 800 words), and a video (max. 2 minutes) and needs to be submitted by the 30th of April 2021, 23:59 UTC.
In order to apply to an official position you MUST comply with those requirements:
- You need to be a member of an IFSA Local Committee and either be an active student or have graduated no longer than one year ago.
- Proficiency in English, as it is the official language of IFSA and therefore the only means of communication between Officials.
- Good internet connection: given the fact that all the work as an Official is done remotely (especially because of the travel restrictions imposed by COVID-19), a good internet connection is crucial to effectively accomplish your tasks.
- Access to a computer or tablet.
- If you are not selected you can still run in the case of subsequent open calls or become a commissioner.
The motivation letter should cover all the following points and be no longer than 800 words. Note that these points correspond to the criteria that are used to evaluate the motivation letter.
- What is your background?
- Introduction: name, age, country, university, current studies
- LC of membership
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the international level (participation and/or organisation of IFSA international meetings, IFSA partner events, commissioner or official position)?
- What is your previous experience in IFSA at the regional and local level (participation and/or organisation of regional events, activity in your own LC, position held in your own LC)?
- Why are you interested in applying for this position?
- What is your understanding of the position you are running for?
- Role of the position
- Tasks of the position
- Functioning of the position within the Department
- What are your overall plans for the IFSA term?
- Consideration of required skills (see list above for general and Job Descriptions for specific requirements)
Record a video (max. 2 minutes) where you introduce yourself and present the main points from the motivation letter.
Some tips for the video:
- If the video is longer than 2 minutes, just shorten it by talking about the key points from your letter; the other points are covered by the letter;
- Ensure good lighting
- Make sure the sound is clear and has good volume so the video is easy to understand (no background noise/music)
You must send one email with the subject: Southern European Regional Representative – Applicant’s name to [email protected] with all of the following documents attached:
- A verification letter from your Local Committee (LC) signed by the President of your LC, verifying that you are a member of the LC in PDF format.
In case you are the President of your LC, ask the Vice President to sign it. The headed letter of your LC must be used for the letter. Here you can find a template for the verification letter.
- The motivation letter in PDF format (max 800 words).
- A video (max 2 minutes)
The deadline for submission is 30th April 2021 23:59 UTC.
Applications that do not follow this procedure (eg. late, incomplete or sent to an email address other than [email protected]) will not be considered.
In case of technical issues with the submission of the application, please send an email to [email protected] specifying the problem that you are encountering.
Remember that this pre-selection only dictates the preferences of the region! The final election for the Regional Representatives will take place in the General Assembly in July / August 2021.
For any further questions, you can write an email to [email protected] or [email protected].
Good luck with your application,
The IFSA Board