Dear IFSA World,
The application for the IFSA Development Fund is open and you can now apply.
The Development Fund is made available to any IFSA member on an annual basis. This grant will be allocated taking priority areas into consideration.
The IFSA Development Fund serves to:
· Support students in funding IFSA projects, events, or other forestry-related activities in developing nations (Low Income Countries, or LICs) such as organising Regional Meetings, workshops, etc.
· Support the attendance of students from LCs to attend IFSA or IFSA-related events such as the annual International Forestry Students’ Symposium (IFSS), the Interim meeting (for elected Officials), or United Nations conferences.
Individuals or LCs can apply for the fund. For LC applications, the project that the LC carries out should relate to IFSA on a larger level than a local one. This means, projects that relate to one single LC cannot benefit from this fund.
The grant is fundraised for by fellow students, who organise an auction and sometimes a tombola during the annual International Forestry Students Symposium and Regional Meetings.
If you think you are, or your project is eligible, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 30th, 2015 23:59 CET . An application will not be reviewed until all requested documents have been received. For details on what to include in your application package, please see below.
The recipients will be chosen by the IFSA Council and informed no later than two weeks after this date.
For further information or enquiries about the fund or for an application, please contact the Council at email@example.com.
Your application has to be written entirely in English language, and should include:
i) Contact details of the applicant
· Full Name & IFSA Local Committee Name
· Full postal address
· Email address
ii) Project description
· Itinerary of activities/events
· Further details
· Number and background of people involved in the event or project
iii) Supporting material
· A signed reference, or letter of endorsement, regarding their proposal from a member of their University staff
· If possible any other supporting material (ex. conference brochures, posters)
· Letter from LC President recognising the applicant as a member of the LC
· Detailed listing of all costs for project/proposal (ex. Travel costs, materials)
· A list of any other contributing organisations/sponsors and the amount of their contribution
v) Letter of motivation
· A brief letter with no more than 300 words, explaining the reasons and motivation for applying to the fund.
vi) Description of contribution to IFSA Communication
In exchange, recipients need to hand in a report of the project/activity and produce a piece (article, vlog, interactive presentation) for IFSA Communication.
As part of your application please state what form this piece for The IFSA Communication commission would take and how this will positively impact IFSA members.
The report and our piece for the IFSA Communication Commission must be submitted no more than a month after the event or project has taken place