Forest Education Video Campaign
The Global Forest Education Project seeks students, teachers, professors, and school administrators to help us promote its work on social media by doing the following:
- Using a phone or other video recording equipment, take a short video (less than 30 seconds) of yourself. Start with a short introduction (name, affiliation, country) and then in very simple language explain why forest education is so important in a sentence or two.
- Forest education is vital to train a future generation of foresters who will sustainably manage the world’s forests and the many benefits they provide for people, animals, and the environment.
- Forest education is important to help address misconceptions around forestry and help maximize the contributions of forests and trees to sustainable development.
- Upload the video to your own social media channels and do not forget to include the project hashtag in your post: #GlobalForestEducation
- Please tag us on Twitter and Facebook and also on any regional, national, or local associations who you think might be interested in the project. Helpful tags:
- Twitter: @FAOForestry @itto_sfm @IUFRO
- Facebook: @ITTOSFM @IUFRO
- Send an email to [email protected] with the links to your post so we can help disseminate and share with partners!
- Whether or not you are posting it on social media, participants are encouraged to share the videos directly by email at [email protected] via WeTransfer for potential promotion on the social media accounts listed above. A compilation of the videos will also be assembled and used for promotion, including at International Conference on Forest Education.
The deadline is at the End of March 2021.