Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of the Head of the IUCN Sub-Commission. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual should be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is one of the largest environmental organizations in the world and is well-known for producing the red-lists of threatened species. As a major advocate for the conservation of ecosystems, IUCN is sharing many goals with IFSA, from the protection of our biodiversity to climate change. Despite IFSA not having an explicit partnership or IUCN membership, IFSA and IUCN have strong upcoming engagements. The World Conservation Congress, taking place in June 2020, will host a 120-minutes IFSA workshop session on the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration and youth. Together with CIFOR/GLF, IFSA will organize key capacity building for many of the expected 3000 participants at that one-week event. Furthermore, IUCN will hold a three-day youth conference after the congress at the same venue, making this a landmark opportunity to engage IFSA. Therefore, IFSA is looking for a Head of IUCN Sub-commission, who is interested in conservation and possesses the willpower and experience to design a sophisticated and quality engagement scheme for IFSA delegates at the congress and with its partners. Furthermore, various organizations have voiced their support for further youth sessions, indicating that the position holder can take advantage of a welcoming and supportive community of organizations at the congress. The commission will be placed under the International Policy Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The duty of the IFSA Head of Sub-Commission IUCN is to organize a high-quality workshop at the IUCN world congress. Moreover, it is expected that IFSA delegates get the chance of attending the congress as well as the youth conference. The position holder will need to organize a delegation as well as complete reports afterwards. Lastly, proactive partner engagement is a key task of this position in order to leverage larger IFSA involvement. This is a remarkable and fun opportunity for any IFSA member who has experience in planning and organization.
- Global Landscapes Forum (Learning Coordinator, Youth Coordinator)
- External Councilor
- Head of International Policy Commission (IPC)
- President of IFSA
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Design-thinking and other workshop facilitation methods
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Time-availability in June as well as possible self-funding to the congress
- Experience in events and congresses (former attendee)
- Good knowledge on the UN decade on ER
- Team working skills
How to apply:
In order to apply, you must send in
- a letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC,
- a Curriculum Vitae / Resume (2 pages max.) and
- a motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12).
Important note: All files must be sent as individual PDF files.
In addition to these, you are required to send in
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position
either as a file or as a ling leading to the video.
Selection criteria (your letter of motivation must answer):
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: IUCN Sub-Commission
Only complete applications will be considered. Any application not meeting the requirements and instructions listed above will be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 16th -1- 2020 – 23:59 CET (UTM+1)