Dear IFSA World!
Would you like to become more involved with what happens in IFSA? A new opportunity is here – you can now apply to become an IFSA Official for the 2019-2020 period!
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who will serve IFSA in the capacity of Liaison Officer of CIFOR. The term of this position will be for the remainder of the current IFSA year (until IFSS 2020). This individual must be from one of IFSA’s local committees.
The Liaison Officer of CIFOR is responsible for maintaining and further developing the partnership with the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR). As well as being the official focal point, the LO for CIFOR will be required to maintain regular communication with a diversity of staff within CIFOR, particularly within their designated focal point for IFSA, with contacts varying on the project or collaboration at hand. Furthermore, LO for CIFOR will report to the External Councillor and IFSA President. For further information regarding the position please find the full list of duties, responsibilities and tasks beneath.
The role of a Liaison Officer leaves space for creativity and requires proactiveness of the position holder but offers at the same time a vast range of opportunities for personal growth. It is a very educational and instructive experience which will contribute to a greater understanding of professional partnerships and the forest institutional landscape. As Liaison Officer you are a vital component within the IFSA network and we welcome your application!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining regular contact with the CIFOR focal point and other key contacts;
- Subscribing to the monthly CIFOR newsletter and forwarding it to IFSA world;
- Building institutional CIFOR-IFSA internship scheme;
- Sharing CIFOR news, research updates, social media campaigns, job, and other relevant information via IFSA’s various communication channels;
- Communicating with regional and research staff to identify opportunities for IFSA students to collaborate; and
- Collaborating with CIFOR and various youth organizations to develop event concepts and for pre-existing key events, in particular, the annual Global Landscapes Forum in cooperation with other IFSA officials.
A large part of this position is focused on working with various staff and volunteers at CIFOR and other youth partnership organizations on designing and implementing youth programs and initiatives at the annual Global Landscapes Forum. This event typically takes part in November/December of each year. This involves working with and leading IFSA’s representation on, Youth Steering Committees, with key tasks including:
- Developing new and innovative youth activities (eg. Youth Sessions and capacity building initiatives such as mentoring programmes);
- Marketing and communications (eg. writing and editing blog posts, social media outreach);
- Coordinating the IFSA delegation (running the application processes, liaising with CIFOR staff for registration, managing delegations during the event, compiling feedback and writing reports);
- Building collaboration and networking with other youth organizations;
- Identifying volunteer opportunities for IFSA students; and
- Acting as the on-ground IFSA Focal Point to manage the delegation, or if not possible delegating this task to another responsible IFSA Official.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including excellent English language skills);
- Creativity, initiative and innovative thinking;
- Strong understanding of social media and marketing (or willingness to learn);
- Networking, team, and partnership building skills;
- Regular access to the internet (particularly email);
- Leadership skills;
- Experience with or understanding of fundraising;
- Willingness and capacity to dedicate at least 2 hours per day in the months leading up to major events.
How to apply:
You must provide the following documents. Both documents (1 & 2) must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file.
- A letter from your Local Committee (LC) President verifying that you are a member of the LC.
- A motivation letter and strategy for the position (not more than 1 page, font size 12)
- A three (3)-minute video about your motivation and the strategy for the position.
Your letter of motivation must answer:
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA?
- Why would you want to become an official for this position?
- How would you achieve this positions main tasks?
- Do you think you have the right skills for this position? What are they?
- What international events are relevant for your position, and will you be able to attend them?
- What would your key goals for the year be?
- Why do you think that this position is important for IFSA? How much time will you be able to commit to carrying out this position’s tasks?
- What, from your understanding of the role (and in case of Liaison Officers, the understanding of the partnership) do you think your work will be focused on?
All applications must be sent to: [email protected]
All applications must use the subject: LIAISON OFFICER OF CIFOR application – YOUR NAME
Any application which does not meet the requirements and instructions listed shall be disqualified.
DEADLINE: 7th -09- 2019 – 23:59 CET